Monday, November 17, 2008

Holidays On I.C.E.

ICE HOLIDAY 0613

Hey!
So, as I said before, saturday's I.C.E. ATLANTA holiday craft sale was hellza awesome and far exceeded our expectations. We couldn't have guessed that, judging by the way the day started out...our load-in time for the craft sale was scheduled at 7am...which meant we had to hit the road at a quarter to six in order to get to Atlanta on time, which in turn meant that we had to wake up at 5am to get ready and pack the car. We had planned to load my car, LORD FOCUS, the night before, but it was pouring rain. Well, when we got up the following morning, it was still raining cats and dogs. So, I had to load the car in the rain. When it started to downpour even harder, I ended up having to load the car while holding an umbrella. Needless to say, it took a much longer time to load our stuff into the car, and we ended up leaving much later than we wanted:

ICE HOLIDAY 0611

By the time we arrived in Atlanta (an hour later than we were supposed to), the rain had, thankfully, let up. The sale was at this place called AMBIENT + STUDIO. It was located on this second floor of this old warehouse, a really cool space. We parked across the street and rushed our things upstairs, worried about the hour of set-up time we had lost. After we moved the car to a remote parking lot, we hastily made our way back to the building.

ICE HOLIDAY 0612

ICE HOLIDAY 0614

ICE HOLIDAY 0615

Luckily for us, it didn't take long to set up. For one, we had less space to work with than what we were used to and only had to use two tables, rather than our usual three; and two, this was the sixth ever I.C.E. Atlanta craft sale we had participated in, so we kinda have our system down...

ICE HOLIDAY 0616

ICE HOLIDAY 0617

ICE HOLIDAY 0620

ICE HOLIDAY 0622

ICE HOLIDAY 0623

ICE HOLIDAY 0624

ICE HOLIDAY 0625

ICE HOLIDAY 0628

ICE HOLIDAY 0630

ICE HOLIDAY 0629

ICE HOLIDAY 0632

ICE HOLIDAY 0631

Missy decided that one of her plush "long bunnies" needed a scarf to keep warm, so she knitted one on the spot...

ICE HOLIDAY 0638

ICE HOLIDAY 0642

As soon as the doors opened the shoppers started pouring in. I quickly made my way around the the warehouse, just so I could get a quick glance of all the other booths. I even videotaped with my little camera, just so you could get a sense of how cool the space and set-up was. Good thing I did that when I had the chance, because from the opening bell there was a constant flow of shoppers and we found it hard to leave or table. Yay! Recession be damned!







The DJ was set up in this neat little loft space above the bar and food area. He deftly rocked the house from his bird-eyed vantage point with a truly eclectic mix of music:

ICE HOLIDAY 0655



ICE HOLIDAY 0653

ICE HOLIDAY 0658

We kept our energy levels up during the sale by snacking on yummy cupcakes from the vegan bakers' table and stuffed grape leaves we had bought at Earth Fare the day before. By the time the day was finally over, we were completely knackered. In the car, on the way home to Athens, Missy turned to me and said, "I think I'm sick..." Sure enough - probably due to all the stress, strain, and excitement of the day -Missy's worn-out immune system allowed a cold virus to infiltrate and propagate...

ICE HOLIDAY 0659

No comments: