Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Interview With my Dad

Here it is, another Father's Day! I am going to interview my Dad for all the readers at home. This year we pitched in and got my dad a radio controlled helicopter. I think this is going to be a great gift, and like I told you on the phone, don't go flying it into any power lines, okay? Now on with the interview...

1. What is the best part about being a dad?
Having great kids that all turned out to be decent, productive and caring people.

2. What is the worst part about being a dad?
Paying my part for education.

3. What is the best Father's Day gift?
A Harley would be nice, but just knowing all my kids are safe and healthy is the best.

4. Tell us about the gift we got you this year. What do you think?
The Hofbrauhaus on the Southside was a hoot. Good food and drink, it brought back memories of my days in the Air Force stationed in Germany.

I haven't made my maiden flight of my helicopter yet.

5. Greg thought you would break this gift. And we all thought you would lose your ipod when you got that for Christmas.
As it turns out, I still have my Ipod, I try to keep a close eye on it. I let Joey have the first turn on the flight stick of my new helicopter. He lifted off really nice, but then proceeded to fly it into the rhododendron bush in front of the house. A few pieces flew off, but it goes back together easily. Now I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it's going to take a lot of flight training.

6. Did you always know you were going to be a dad?
I didn't always know. I got my first inkling when Rita told me she was pregnant.

7. Do you have plans for Father's Day?
I think I'll go to Rita's, the ice cream shop that is!

Dad ready for tennis!
Thanks, Dad! Happy Father's Day to the Number One in my life. I love you! I know you are going to say something to me about my choice in photos, but trust me, did you really want me to post the one of us with big googley eyes?

And when you come to visit you wanna catch a game of tennis??

No comments: