Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

FAM VAN

Today's my PAPA'S BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday, Dad! (wish I could be in California, celebrating with y'all!)...He shares a birthday with Missy's baby bro, JOEY (Happy Birthday, Joe!). Here's an old photo of my mom and dad (Ruth and Benedicto, a.k.a. "Benny") hanging out in our old Coachman camper van, which we drove cross-country from East Coast to West Coast...I don't know where me and my two sisters are in this photo, though we can't be too far away. We were probably asleep in a tent that was pitched near by. I don't know how old my dad was in this photo, but I do know that he was much younger than I am now, with three kids, moving from one side of the country to the other, to start a sunny new life. I couldn't even imagine how scary and exciting that must've been, especially since I can barely take care of myself now, much less a whole family. Anyways, Dad, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate all the hard work and struggle you went through for all of us. I think it's safe to say that Cynthia, Belinda, and I learned from your example, and we thank you for being such a loving and caring father. I love you and I hope you're having a fun time tonight!

Love,
R A O U L

No comments: