Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad, Happy Father's Day!

DadMotorcycle

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, Dad! Hope you are all having fun vacationing in the Philippines at this moment! Stay safe!

It's hard finding good photos of my Dad because, like me, he's the one that's always taking the photos and videos. More often than not, he's behind the camera, not in front of it. He's the family documentarian. So I raided his Shutterfly account and found this old photo of him posing on a MOTORCYCLE somewhere out in the California desert, looking like a bad-ass with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. I was there when this photo was taken and I was a little kid. My father was probably younger in that photo than I am now. All I remember of this day is that we were all out in the desert, shooting guns at improvised targets (plastic gallon jugs filled with water, empty soda cans, etc) against a rocky hillside. A family friend brought his motorcycle to do some joy riding on the dunes and at some point, everyone (except for us little kids) took turns posing on it...It was probably during autumn or winter, judging from the jacket my Dad is wearing. Anyways, I learned how to shoot photos AND how to shoot guns from my Dad. Thanks for schooling me, Dad!

No comments: