Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving table.
Raoul and I had our yummy Thanksgiving feast! We had many goodies, as you can see. I got obsessed with trying this very simple recipe from NPR for PUMPKIN STUFFED WITH EVERYTHING GOOD, only I made my own revisions, as usual.


We like ACORN SQUASH more than pumpkin so we substituted, especially after eating at new local favorite, GYMNOPEDIE! We also used RICE, as suggested at the end of the NPR recipe. It is hard to go wrong, really...

Squash for Thanksgiving.

Hollow squash.

Stuffed Acorn Squash Filling
I also substituted FAKE BACON, used a mix of GRUYERE and JARLSBERG cheeses, and my own blend of spices, too. Then the squash were ready to stuff!

Stuffed Acorn Squash 2

Cream goes into the squash.
We fill the squash with CREAM too. The caps go back on the squash, then they bake in the oven.

Stuffed acorn squash for Thanksgiving.

Acorn squash.

Stuffed Acorn Squash.
Then, they went to the table! I have to say this was a yummy, homey, rustic and very easy recipe! And it is exactly what I wanted to have for our Thanksgiving.

And now for dessert...

Peanut Butter Silk Pie 3

Peanut Butter Silk Pie 1
We made HOBO PIE! This is based on one that they serve at ZENITH, a really good restaurant back home in Pittsburgh. My friend ROYA recreated this recipe and this is the first time I made it. Yummy! What a great Thanksgiving! We hope everyone had a good one! There is so much to be thankful for!

No comments: