Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tunesday Tuesday - Henry Rollins

Tunesday Tuesday - Henry Rollins
This Tuesday we celebrate one of our favorites, Henry Rollins. We went to see him last week at the 40 Watt here in Athens. We had such a great time, and I can't wait to see him on his next tour. Henry Rollins was in the band Black Flag and the Rollins Band. I have been a fan of his since the 1990's, and I have read some of his books, including Black Coffee Blues and Art To Choke Hearts. My friend Todd leant them to me in high school and he would put his music on my mix tapes. My mom even knows who Henry Rollins is!

Henry Rollins 0526
I enjoyed hearing Henry talk about world issues, Costco, and travel. Not only is he intelligent, but he is funny, articulate, and thoughtful. He spoke to everyone non-stop for three hours! And did not even breathe one time, or take a sip of water.

Henry Rollins 0524

Henry Rollins 0500
My favorite parts were about his time with Black Flag and some of their shows in New York and how crazy the performances were. I also liked hearing about his trips to other countries and about what he ate. Henry Rollins is doing some work for National Geographic, which you can see some of his photography right here.

Henry Rollins 0495
I am even more of a Rollins fan after seeing him in person. He seems like a person I could hang out with. He is "my people." He is part of the solution. He was great! Seeing him do his talking tour is better than when I saw the Rollins Band with Helmet. Really! He is that good!

Here are some of my favorite Rollins videos that I have found...



And another fav from the 1990's!


And don't forget Juliana Hatfield's love for Henry, too! Remember her song "President Garfield"?

No comments: