Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tunesday Tuesday - Guv'ner

Tunesday Tuesday - Guv'ner
One of my all-time favorite bands on Merge Records is Guv'ner. I first heard the song "Baby's Way Cruel" on a mix tape from my pen pal. I was hooked upon first listen. I had a hard time finding their album "Hard for Measy for You," but I ended up finding it via Parasol Mailorder. Woah - remember Parasol? I do! Okay, so Guv'ner are husband and wife musical act, Charles and Pumpkin. They are really amazing and adorable and cute and when they play you can tell they are having fun and singing to each other, too. I saw them perform in 1996. It was my first 21 and over show! They were super fun and I gave Pumpkin lollipops and my zines at the show - how nerdy! Anyways, here are some of my pictures from that show. I miss Guv'ner! I love that band.

Guv'ner, Pittsburgh PA at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, 1996 - 1

Guv'ner, Pittsburgh PA at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, 1996 - 2

Guv'ner, Pittsburgh PA at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, 1996 - 3

Guv'ner, Pittsburgh PA at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, 1996 - 4





No comments: