Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dolly Day

dolly 1187
I took a needle felting workshop at our favorite local store, TREEHOUSE KID & CRAFT. My class made needle felted dolls. Here is mine, this is the first step. This is the form for the body, including the head.

dolly 1188

dolly 1190
I made my doll by working on needle felting the head and body first. Then I worked on the arms and legs. Here is my doll in progress. I think it looks sort of like a marshmallow head and body!

dolly 1191

dolly 1192
I attached the arms by needle felting them to the body. The teacher said to try and make this as seamless as possible. This takes a lot of poking the felt with the special barbed needle. It is fun, and the more you felt the wool, the tighter it becomes, and my doll sort of shrunk a little at this point. It did help shape the doll's neck and arms, though.

dolly 1193
I added the legs the same way I added the arms. Here is my doll in progress.

dolly 1194
I decided my doll is mori girl inspired, so I gave her natural color tights. I used a light color that was mottled and pale tan color.

dolly 1195
This is as far as I got in my first class! I really like how my doll is shaping up at this point.

dolly 1196
I worked on some outside of my class, too. I added brown shoes with yellow buttons. I think they look really mori girl and they came out so cute!

dolly 1198

dolly 1200
I added a camisole as her underpinnings.

dolly 1201

dolly 1202
And then she got some undies!

dolly 1206

dolly 1207

dolly 1208
Here I added her hair. Then I felted it at the part. I did mine down the center and I made braids. I did not felt or tie the braids, so later on I can maybe give her a different hair style later on. I think she looks cute with the long braids. She looks really mori girl then!

dolly 1209
I am adding her face next.

dolly 1210

dolly 1211
Now she has a face! I made her have green eyes.

dolly 1212

dolly 1213
I sewed her some clothing - a top from an old turtleneck my mom gave me. I used a boatneck shirt pattern from my Blythe dolls. It fits her pretty good! I made a little skirt from some eyelet lace.

dolly 1214

dolly 1215

dolly 1216
Then my dolly went to school!

No comments: